Postdoctoral researcher (with a subsidy) Radiopharmacy/radiochemistry (University of Antwerp)
Published on: June 30, 2022
Department: Molecular -Morphology-Microscopy
Let’s shape the future – University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow’s world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Laboratory of Radiopharmacy (CREANT), part of Molecular Imaging and Radiology (MIRA) in the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences is looking for a full-time (100%) postdoctoral researcher (with a subsidy) in the field of radiopharmacy/radiochemistry.
- You will be working in the radiopharmacy laboratory to support the development of the research programs of the group.
- You will design and synthesize novel radiotracers/theranostic ligands for molecular imaging and radionuclide therapy of multiple cancers.
- You will undertake complex organic synthesis of small molecules and peptides to generate next generation cancer theranostics.
- You will develop new methods for radiolabeling small-molecule compounds, peptides and biomolecules.
- You stay on top of the new scientific and technical developments.
- You will assist in the supervision of PhD students and other team members.
- You will write scientific papers and help in writing project proposals to attract external funding for novel research projects.
- You hold a PhD in radiopharmacy, radiochemistry with experience in synthetic organic chemistry and/or medicinal chemistry.
- Expertise in organic chemistry is an asset.
- Experience with radionuclide therapy is an advantage.
- You did not reside, study or work in Belgium for more than 24 months in the 3 years prior to the appointment date (eligibility rule for postdoc with a subsidy).
- You are expected to apply for individual postdoctoral grants (e.g., MSCA, Flanders Research Foundation – FWO).
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You have excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is mandatory.
What we offer
- We offer a full-time appointment as a postdoctoral scholarship holder for an initial period of one year. During this period, individual FWO and MSCA postdoctoral fellowship applications will be prepared and submitted to extend the postdoctoral fellowship.
- The expected starting date is 1 August 2022.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for postdoctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will receive ecocheques, Internet-connectivity allowance and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- You will do most of your work at the Campus Drie Eiken of the UA in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 11 July 2022 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the ‘Apply’ button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your academic CV and at least one letter of recommendation.
- The selection committee will review all the applications, and a pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Dr. Filipe Elvas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Dr Sigrid Stroobants (email@example.com).
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apeng.uantwerpen.be.